Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some Exciting News for me!

One of the reasons I began this photography journey was to start a career that allowed me to make a living doing what I love and giving me the flexibility to pursue my passions outside of my career, namely my two beautiful babies, Anden and Cole, and finishing my education. I have worked A LOT in the past two years to build this business so that one day, if they would have me, I would be given the opportunity to earn my Ph.D.

Well, I am so excited to announce that my dream is coming true! I have been tentatively accepted to Louisiana Tech's Ph.D. Program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology for the Fall 2010 Quarter!

Below are the answers to some questions you may have:

1. Are you moving to Ruston?

Yes, we are moving in July or August. But, its a temporary move. We will be keeping our house in Bossier and buying a small house in Ruston to live in while I am in school.

2. How long will you be in school?

Around 3 years.

3. What does this mean for your Photography business?


Its GREAT news for DeAnn Arnold Photography clients! I will actually have more time to work. We are keeping our Bossier house and I am negotiating with our subletters to allow me to keep the studio space intact. If that does not materialize, I have been scouting commercial space in Shreveport/Bossier!

4. When will you be working?

I will be setting a schedule of working two-three Saturdays and one Sunday a month. This is actually the same amount of time I am working now! I promise to continue to provide amazing photography to my amazing clients! I have always prided myself on flexibility and creativity and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon! Weekday/evening sessions will still be possible during breaks.

In addition to regular sessions, I have not been able to keep up with demand for mini sessions and the good news is, that I will probably hold more mini sessions when I am out of school!

I have already booked several weddings for 2010-2011 and hope to continue booking more!

5. What are your plans after school?

I love to teach, its in my blood. If you have taken one of my classes, either at LSUS or with photography, you might have witnessed this firsthand. I have always wanted to teach at the college level full time. I also have a solid history in Human Resources and value my contributions to my career field.

I plan on moving back to Shreveport and teaching full time at LSUS while continuing photography.

You didn't expect me just to have ONE job did you?


6. How can we help you?

I am so glad you asked!

More than ever, I need your referrals! Photography will become my primary source of income. I believe in my package prices and do not anticipate changes to my basic pricing structure.

Please continue to send me your friends and families. I am also eager to do more event photography, including commercial work and of course weddings! Be on the look out for a new, more structured referral plan that rewards my loyal, loving clients.

Thank you all for being the best clients a gal could have!

No comments:

Become my Fan on Facebook!

DeAnn Arnold Photography on Facebook

Search

Email me new posts!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

About Me

Contact DeAnn Arnold at deannharnold@gmail.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed